Teachright East Anglia are recruiting for Learning Support Assistants (Also known as SEN Teaching Assistant) for our client special needs schools in Ipswich
Your role will be to provide support to students with a range of special education needs, this might be needs including social and personal issues or in an area such as Autism, Asperger's syndrome, Global development delay or downs syndrome. Some children may have other more emotional needs such as Challenging behaviour, Social interaction, Mental health issues & Bullying.
These pupils could be aged 3 - 19 years old depending on the school. However we will match you up to the appropriate age group for your skill set.
As a learning support assistant, you'll typically need to:
- Follow instructions from Teachers in order to support effectively in the classroom
- Adhere to professional practice standards and legislation, including confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion policies
- Support students on 1:1, adapting your approach on a case by case basis in order to engage students effectively
- Help children with learning and development
- Some positions may include personnel care
Qualities and experience we look for:
- Prior experience working with children or vulnerable adults - perhaps you've worked in schools or a care background before?
- Qualifications relating to education or medical/care. This could be a manual handling certificate through to a degree in counselling. If you think it could be relevant, we're interested in speaking to you!
- Had experience with family members who have special education needs or needed special medical support.
- A passion for education and want the opportunity to make a real difference to a child's life.
Pay & Working Hours
Sessional or relief teaching assistants are typically paid between £9.50 and £11.50 per hour. Income figures are intended as a guide only.
Full-time Teaching Assistants usually work between 32 & 35 hours per week. Starting the school day at 8.30am and finishing at 3.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break. There are also part-time, casual and job share options available.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position, but it may become permanent at a later date upon school discretion.
Teachright is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.