Job Role:Learning Support Assistant (Maths Support)
Location - Margate, Kent
Teachright Kent are in search of a Learning Support Assistant that can support KS3/KS4 pupils with their Maths classwork.
Teachright Kent are recruiting for a progressive SEMH school based in Margate, Kent. They are seeking a Learning Support Assistant that can support pupils with their Maths classwork. Suitable candidates will have a good understanding of supporting GCSE Maths work. They will also be able to support pupils with additional SEMH needs.
The school was rated "Good" by Ofsted and is well resourced to support their young people. The school is located in Margate, in the Thanet district of Kent. Safe, on-site parking is available for staff.
Maths Learning Support role:
- Leading small groups or working 1:1 with pupils at the school to support with their KS3 or GCSE Maths work
- Being a positive role model and establishing positive relationships with pupils, helping them to develop both academically and socially
- Working well with teachers and other members of school staff to provide a stimulating learning environment for pupils
What you will need:
- A-Level or higher Maths qualifications or previous experience supporting pupils with GCSE Maths work
- Previous SEMH experience is desirable but not essential
- Be confident to teach small groups, work 1:1 with pupils and manage behaviour
- Organised, reliable, friendly, hard-working and resilient with a good sense of humour
- Enhanced DBS or one in progress
Benefits of working in this school based in Margate, Kent:
- Paid to scale (Kent Range 6)
- Regular CPD at the school and career progression opportunities
- A fully supportive and experienced Maths department and SLT team
Teachright Education is a specialist recruiter that supports schools and education professionals in Kent. "Recruiting Excellence" www.teachright.co.uk
- For more information on this role or other teaching vacancies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01634560452
For safeguarding, references will be taken up before interview and successful applicants will require and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.