Teachright East Anglia are recruiting for Learning Support Assistants (Also known as SEN Teaching Assistant) for our client special needs schools in Beccles
Your role will be to provide support to students with a range of special education needs, this might be needs including social and personal issues or in an area such as Autism, Asperger's syndrome, Global development delay or downs syndrome. Some children may have other more emotional needs such as Challenging behaviour, Social interaction, Mental health issues & Bullying.
These pupils could be aged 3 - 19 years old depending on the school. However we will match you up to the appropriate age group for your skill set.
As a learning support assistant, you'll typically need to:
- Follow instructions from Teachers in order to support effectively in the classroom
- Adhere to professional practice standards and legislation, including confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion policies
- Support students on 1:1, adapting your approach on a case by case basis in order to engage students effectively
- Help children with learning and development
- Some positions may include personnel care
Qualities and experience we look for:
- Prior experience working with children or vulnerable adults - perhaps you've worked in schools or a care background before?
- Qualifications relating to education or medical/care. This could be a manual handling certificate through to a degree in counselling. If you think it could be relevant, we're interested in speaking to you!
- Had experience with family members who have special education needs or needed special medical support.
- A passion for education and want the opportunity to make a real difference to a child's life.
Interviews for this position will consist of a screening telephone call, a tour of the school (social distancing measures in place) and a zoom/skype interview.
For more information on the school or the position please apply today to receive a call from our office.