Teachright East Anglia are in search of Cover supervisors for secondary schools across the county of Essex. We cover all areas of Essex but this particular advert is aimed at the south of the county - not sending you more than 45 minutes away at any given time.
Thurrock - Basildon - Brentwood - Southend-on-sea - Chelmsford
This type of work will suit somebody who is passionate about the education sector and would like the opportunity to gain classroom experience. Whether you are a graduate in study or someone wanting an excellent work life balance cover supervising is a great opportunity.
- Supervise work that has been set by the teacher and respond to any questions from students.
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Ensure a clear, orderly environment in which the highest standards of learning take place during cover lessons.
- Ensure students are aware of the learning objectives at the start of the lesson and are able to reflect upon their learning at the end.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate teacher including the work set and the students' response.
- Report, as appropriate using the schools agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class and on any problems arising.
- Minimum qualification level of core subject GCSE's grade C or above (4 - 9)
- DBS update service registered or new DBS in process
- Right to work in the UK
- A mature attitude and a passion for education
Pay & Working Hours
Sessional or relief teaching assistants / Cover Supervisor are typically paid between £10.25 and £12.25 per hour. Income figures are intended as a guide only.
Full-time Cover supervisors / Teaching Assistants usually work between 32 & 35 hours per week. Starting the school day at 8.30am and finishing at 3.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break. There are also part-time, casual and job share options available.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position, but it may become permanent at a later date upon school discretion.
Teachright is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.