Job Role: Behaviour Mentor
Location - Margate Kent
Teachright Kent are in search of a Behaviour Mentor that can support KS3/KS4 pupils with their academic work and to manage their emotions (SEMH).
Teachright Kent are recruiting for a progressive SEMH school based in Margate, Kent. They are seeking a Behaviour Mentor that can support pupils with their classwork. Suitable candidates will have a good understanding of supporting pupils with SEMH needs.
The school was rated "Good" by Ofsted and is well resourced to support their young people. The school is located in Margate, in the Thanet district of Kent. Safe, on-site parking is available for staff.
Behaviour Mentor role:
- Supporting the class Teacher and working 1:1 with pupils at the school help them with their classwork
- Being a positive role model and establishing positive relationships with pupils, helping them to develop both academically and socially
- Working well with teachers and other members of school staff to provide a stimulating learning environment for pupils
What you will need:
- Previous SEMH/ Behaviour Mentor experience in the class room
- Be confident to lead small groups, work 1:1 with pupils and manage behaviour
- Organised, reliable, friendly, hard-working and resilient with a good sense of humour
- Enhanced DBS or one in progress
Benefits of working in this school based in Margate, Kent:
- Paid to scale (Kent Range 6)
- Regular CPD at the school and career progression opportunities
- A fully supportive Teaching and SLT team
For safeguarding, references will be taken up before interview and successful applicants will require and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.